“What is the meaning of butter lamp offerings? We do not offer the lamps because enlightened beings need to see them. Rather, the offering of light is a means of dispelling the darkness of our own ignorance, giving rise to clarity and wisdom. We offer them with the wish that their light will illuminate the lower realms and the bardo, assuaging the torment of beings who suffer in darkness. We also aspire that all beings will develop greater mental clarity in order to discover the causes of long-lasting happiness in virtuous actions of body, speech, and mind. Finally, we offer them so that the inner light of great knowing will arise in all beings’ minds and remove the darkness of ignorance and intellectual obscurations.”
— H.E. Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche
Butterlamps are $1.00 each. If you would like to send a check, please e-mail us your order with the amount, dedication and special instructions. Send your check to: Amrita, 9653 Firdale Ave, Edmonds, WA 98020.
- Enter your dedication and special instructions.
- Click on the “Pay Now” button below to make a butter lamp offering.
- You will be directed to a PayPal box that will let you select the number of butterlamps you wish to offer.
- Click continue.
- You will then be directed to do one of two options:
- Log into your PayPal account or
- click on the grey button (below the blue “Log In” button) to pay with a debit or credit card.
- If you pay with a debit or credit card you will be prompted to enter in your card and billing info.
- Select “No. I don’t want an account now.
- Click the “Pay Now” button.